Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My sister is an unwed mother in Caifornia. I read something…

Customer Question
Hi. My sister is...

Hi. My sister is an unwed mother in Caifornia. I read something that says she has sole custody, is that true if she is still living with her boyfriend (who is the father of the baby)?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

She lives in California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Custody is a matter of court order. Even if she is living with someone she may still have it. It can of course be changed by motion to the court for a modification based on need. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer