Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can an ex-parte custody order be granted with a protection…

Customer Question
Can an ex-parte custody...

Can an ex-parte custody order be granted with a protection order in place?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A protection order and a restraining order was filed for the mother and her children before the abuser was granted the ex-parte custody order.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He was also arrested and the sheriffs office failed to serve him.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/4/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.Yes, the order can issue. The court can grant it where necessary and in interest of the child.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Does the mother have to complie with the order even tho she has an active protection order for her AND the kids in place?
If the court issues the order, yes. If disagrees, can file a motion to vacate or modify. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer