Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have 2 adult sons in college. Me and wife agreed that i…

Customer Question
I have 2 adult...

I have 2 adult sons in college. Me and wife agreed that i would pay 250 a week support for as long as they live their mother but no longer that 5 years. I also need to add a provision i will be responsible for all college related cost. How do i add this to divorce papers?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I also want to put in a clause that all current CC debt in her name will stay in her name and mine in mine

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. If you are looking to add something to your divorce decree/support order, then you'll have to either file a joint (agreed) petition with the court to make that change or you may need to file an individual petition to make that change.

The more specific you are, the better. If you and your wife agree, submitting a joint petition to the court will help facilitate the necessary changes. It's likely that the court would even avoid a hearing altogether on the matter so as to help facilitate this more easily.

What other questions did you have for me regarding this?