Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Kentucky petition for dissolution of marriage without

children self help forms. Is...
Kentucky petition for dissolution of marriage without children self help forms. Is it necessary to fill out this entire packet if all has been agreed to?
1/4/2018
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Yes, the judge wants the entire packet. That's because, even when there's an agreement, the court has to approve or deny it. The forms help give an overall picture of the entire financial situation, which will let the judge verify that enforcing your agreement would be fair. Most agreements are approved, so it's largely a formality. But the judge does need the information in the packet to enter a judgment.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply WITHOUT RATING so I may address them. My goal is to provide you with excellent customer service. Otherwise, please rate my answer positively so I get credit for assisting you today. Mobile users may have to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Darn, whole life story in that thing. Thanks

You're welcome. You can try asking to file it under seal if there's personal information you don't want to make part of the public record. That is allowed sometimes.