Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How do you go about going to court and changing the rules of…

Customer Question
How do you go...

How do you go about going to court and changing the rules of visitation that you believe is being emotionally abused

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet, everytime my grandson goes to his Dad's house with his twin sisters and has to be around my son's three boys, he comes home very dejected and Dad always says he is bad, no problems at home or my house. It is my son but I feel he is emotionally abusive to my 5 year old grandson. Just researching what avenues there are for his mother.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Let me think,, My son has every other weekend with his children and first five years it was at my house and my son has a anxiety disorder with a quick temper, His Girlfriend that he lives with has three boys 9,8 and 7 and my grandson is 5, the youngest in the family. He will not change to the weekends he and his girlfriends children and will not let his son stay home. His son I feel is, being the youngest in the family is being picked on for lack of better words. The therapist told my son he needed to spend time with him. I was told by their mother she heard him cuzzing at my Grandson.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/3/2018
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Yes, the mother could file a motion with the court, seeking to modify visitation. If she believes the child is subject to emotional abuse by the father when with him, she can ask that visitation is supervised at this point so that a third party is present to supervise and see what is going on. The mother could also take the child to a therapist and have them evaluated to see if this is causing harm and use that as well, to support her motion

Thank you that is all I need to know. I do not want to be charged monthly for this service, just one time charge. Will that happen.

You are welcome. Yes, I shared my answer above. You do not have to pay a monthly service. It can only be this one time. Not a problem.

do not need a call or any additional services How do I stop and not receive any more charges

Once we are done, you can contact customer service and confirm that you only want to pay the one time fee and they can make sure that happens.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer