Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have questions regarding child support review process and…

Customer Question
I have questions regarding...

I have questions regarding child support review process and notice of determination regarding child support review process

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I’ve filed through the OAG went to a child support review process on December 28th the father did not show up, they went ahead and took mine and my daughters dna. We have another child support review process on the 16th

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also in the notice of determination regarding child support review process, says an issuance of and order through the child support review process is not appropriate at this time but it doesn’t effect the right of the OAG or any party to request other remedies as provided by law.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/3/2018
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If the father does not show up or cooperate in the process, then the OAG will issue a determination based on income they can determine from the government records and will impute income to him. They will set an amount and will institute garnishment proceedings to collect. That is the first option they have. The second option is YOU can institute a support modification motion in the court and get the court to order him to appear and then if he continues to refuse to cooperate, you can file a motion for contempt against the father and the court can issue a bench warrant to force him to appear and to cooperate or they can jail him for refusing to cooperate.

So there are multiple options available to you to force him to comply and to seek to get the support set at the proper amount based on his income.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.