Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am victim of a dv case and want to get a lawyer to help…

Customer Question
I am victim of...

I am victim of a dv case and want to get a lawyer to help drop the no contact order he is not a threat to me nor my children

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Like what

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have recently given birth to baby not at term and this puts stress on us both as we need to have me able to be together for our son and other children

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
We are willing to go threw marriage counseling
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please let me know if u can help me
What do u mean service offers
More information
1/3/2018
Family Lawyer: QuickEasyLegalHelp, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
QuickEasyLegalHelp

Hello, I am a Family Law expert and I will be helping you. Nice to meet you!

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I can understand how stressful this is on you and that you need to focus on your health and the baby's health right now as your priority. As a woman, I am totally with you there!

You can absolutely get a lawyer to represent your husband to defend him in the no contact order. And you can also state your unwillingness to testify against him in that case, which will cause the District Attorney to reconsider whether they feel they can win this case against your husband.

I think marriage counseling is a great idea. It will help the two of you learn better ways of handling any conflict than allowing it to result in any violence (physical, emotional OR verbal). The skills that both partners learn in marriage counseling help to make them both better spouses and better parents.

I wish you so much luck in getting this case dropped. The key is working with a local lawyer who can help you navigate the court system.

Here is a link to find a local lawyer:

To find a local lawyer, I recommend you try "Martindale Hubble" (JustAnswer's rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this Martindale Hubble website to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise. Here is the link.

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

Type in your location and “Family law"

The attorneys on the site are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

I definitely recommend that when you go see the lawyer, you bring everything you have in writing with you to the meeting with the lawyer (all court orders and documents and a detailed time line of everything that has happened so far).

If I have answered your question, please click YES/ACCEPT on your screen. It does not cost you anything to click and it is the only way I can get credit for my work, and of course a positive 5 star rating would be appreciated. You can still ask me all your follow up questions, even after you please click YES/ACCEPT.

I wish you all the best in 2018. And best of luck with your new baby!

Hi, just following up to see if you have any further questions.

I just want to let you know that if you don't click 5 stars or ACCEPT, then I can't get paid for any of the time we spent together.

If you need something else to be able to click, I am totally happy to help you!

It's just important that I don't lose all of the time I spent helping you.

Thank you SO MUCH for understanding, it does not cost you anything to PLEASE CLICK.

QuickEasyLegalHelp
QuickEasyLegalHelp
QuickEasyLegalHelp, Lawyer