Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If a show caus order is misdated by a area is it still

Customer Question
If a show caus...

If a show caus order is misdated by a area is it still legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Yes signed by judged but dated 12/6/2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Md.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/3/2018
Family Lawyer: Layne Pecoff,
 replied 6 months ago
Layne Pecoff

Hi, I am a Family Law attorney and I will be helping you.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm not sure if this is going to make you happy or sad, but usually a small clerical error that does not affect the heart of the matter, will not be enough to render the order invalid.

If you are the one ordered to show cause, and the rest of the information on the order is correct, then I would not recommend proceeding as if the order is invalidated.

If you are the one who wants someone else ordered to show cause, then I would return to the court and request that the clerical error be fixed.

If I have answered your question, please click YES/ACCEPT on your screen. It does not cost you anything to click and it is the only way I can get credit for my work, and of course a positive 5 star rating would be appreciated. You can still ask me all your follow up questions, even after you please click YES/ACCEPT.

I wish you all the best in 2018.

Family Lawyer: Layne Pecoff,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi, just following up to see if you have any further questions.

Please click YES/ACCEPT or just go ahead and type ACCEPT in the chat box. It does not cost you anything to click or type this and you can still ask me follow up questions. Thank you!

Family Lawyer: Layne Pecoff,
 replied 6 months ago

I just want to let you know that if you don't click 5 stars or ACCEPT, then I can't get paid for any of the time we spent together.

If you need something else to be able to click, I am totally happy to help you!

It's just important that I don't lose all of the time I spent helping you.

Thank you SO MUCH for understanding, it does not cost you anything to PLEASE CLICK.