Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughters mother recently moved in with her boyfriend of…

Customer Question
My daughters mother recently moved...
My daughters mother recently moved in with her boyfriend of 3 months. The boyfriend is still married and not even legally separated yet. He has a daughter and son one being 2 and the other being 4. My daughter is 1. The rental only has 3 bedrooms total. Do I have any argument against shared bedrooms? We have 50/50 legal and physical custody.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/2/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

That’s fine.

Great thanks! *****'m on the phone with a customer; however, you are next on my list and I'll answer your question ASAP!

So, generally, the law will only look to what is in the best interests of the child. It's going to be a factual call an they will take into account what's good for the child in terms of their sleeping situation. On one hand, the child is one and it isn't out of the ordinary for a child that young to share rooms with other young children. On the other hand, if there is a concern regarding the child's safety, if there are concerns of abuse, or if there are concerns some physical harm to the child, then it is all probability going to work as a good argument to modify the custody arrangement. So, if you can show proof that the child will be substantially harmed, then you'll be in good shape. The fact the boyfriend is still married may be notwithstanding because that may not affect the child directly.

Did you have any other questions for me today?

I would like a refund. While waiting I obtained the answer from a local agency which states it indeed is not acceptable. Thanks though.

I understand. You can always contact Just Answer’s Customer Care team by clicking here or calling them at 1-***-***-**** to request a refund.