Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My soon to be ex husband took the kids to family this

Customer Question
weekend to visit but now...
My soon to be ex husband took the kids to family this weekend to visit but now will not return my calls or anything. What steps do i need to take to make him being them home?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
1/2/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me just a few minutes to type up some information for you, thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank u
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Again, I'm so sorry to hear about your current situation.

Unfortunately under TX state law since you two are still legally married, there is not much legal recourse for you without a court order.

You can potentially call the police, and go with them to where your children are, and request that your children be brought back to the home. However without a court order, there's not much that the police will be able to do to enforce this is done.

This is beacuse right now your husband has just as much legal right to them as you do. It's up to you, but you may still want to try this option and see if it works.

If not, you can go to your local courthouse and ask that an Order be issued demanding that your husband bring the children back home, allowing you equal access to them, until an official court order regarding custody is reached.

You can go into the Clerk's Office at your local courthouse and they can assist you with getting the necessary forms filled out and filed to get this done.

Once you have the order in your hands, you can take it to the police, and they can enforce the order, making sure your husband returns the children to you.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones