Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

We have started divorce proceedings and want to diamiss

Customer Question
We have started divorce...

We have started divorce proceedings and want to diamiss without prejudice in kansas. How long does case remain active if one of us elects to resume the divorce?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Case file by wife dec 6 with husband response dec 13

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/2/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

DISTRICT COURT OF ___________________

***** *****,

Plaintiff,

vs.

***** *****

Defendant

)

)

)

)

)

)

)

)

)

)

Case No.: 123456-123

AGREED MOTION TO DISMISS

Pursuant to ________ Rules, The parties hereby moves the Court to dismiss

Plaintiff’s Complaint with prejudice. The bases for this Motion is the parties have reconciled.

Dated this 1st day of January, 2018

Respectfully submitted,

_________________

Your name, Plaintiff

__________________

Defendant

I may have these backwards but you get the drift.

The court will dismiss based on your motion here.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Good luck here with reconciliation.

Thanks for rating 5 stars.

Hos long does case remain active if one of us wants to restart it
I am aware of the form
My question is can one of us restart the case within a certain period?

It would stay active for a year or so and be dismissed here anyway.

You can as long as it is pending here, once dismissed you would have to refile it.

I thought it mightbe 6mo

More like a year here you have awhile to see how it goes here.

Rather than a "stay" we wanted to dismiss without prejudice to get lawyets out of it

You can modify this to dismissal without prejudice just change the words here.And it would get the lawyers out of it.

Yea "dismissal without prejudice" gets them out of it unless one of us decides to refile. Correct?

Yes it does..the best here and thanks for rating 5 stars

I wanted to thank you again and thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page .Your business is much appreciated.