Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need a legal aid lawyer for child support and I am

Customer Question
I need a legal...

I need a legal aid lawyer for child support and I am disabled. Collecting SSD and the court wants me to work to pay her

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes went to court with out a lawyer and they want me to pay $205 a week

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have 25 more days to appeal

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/2/2018
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 6 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

It will help me find your answer if you would let me know what town and county you're in in New York.

In the meantime, I'll look around for state-wide Legal Aid/Legal Services assistance.

Sue

Here's a list of Legal Aid offices by location. You have to scroll down a bit to begin the list.

Here's another resource for free legal services, and another.

Please let me know if these services will be helpful to you.

Sue