Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Getting a divorce in PA wife is asking for alimony we were…

Getting a divorce in...

Getting a divorce in PA wife is asking for alimony we were married 7 years how much and how long is she entitled to alimony

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She filled for divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We were married 7 years

1/1/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Whether your spouse is entitled to alimony is dependent upon a variety of factors - not just how long you were married. It would depend upon how old each of you were, whether she worked during the marriage, whether she needs any training/education to allow her to become marketable in the workforce again, etc. It's very case specific and there's no set amount to which she would be entitled.

Thank you

My pleasure. If I have answered your question, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. 5 stars is definitely appreciated! It does NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney