Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am the responded of a restraining order, the petitioner…

Customer Question
I am the responded...

I am the responded of a restraining order, the petitioner frequently violates the order by calling, texting, and showing up at my house. I have legal full custody of our mutual children and I want to know if I can call the police to have her removed from my home? I moved out of the house we shared together and got a new place for my kids and I. But, she shows up and I can't get her to leave. What do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I have filed and been awarded full custody as well as filed a response to the restraining order.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if I call the police to have her romeved, will I be arrested? She showed up and is currently in my house but refuses to leave.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/1/2018
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Good afternoon. Yes you can call the police. Just because there is an order against you does not mean she can just appear and show up at your home. You have a legal right to call the police and ask that they remove her and also ask that they issue her a trespassing warning. You can also go to court and get a no contact order imposed against her if she continues to harass you with calls, texts and appearing when she is not allowed and is in violation of the order which she sought in the first place.
My 3 kids are here I want to make sure I will not be arrested. We are in my new apartment and I did not invite her here. I opened the door and she just walked in, I didn't want to be physical and I can't get her to leave. Should I have someone lick up my kids before I call the police
You can call them. If you did not violate the order and she just showed up, there would be no violation and she can not use it against you and get it imposes and then show up and claim you did something.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!