Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question. I have a question. I have a cousin who…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a question. I have a question. I have a cousin who lives in philadelphia her boyfriend is from New Delhi India and we know definitely the daughter is his, and the boys need DNA testing. He doesn't want the boys. Can he take the boys from her? I am her cousin from Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes it has. The children's father told her to meet him in court on friday for the DNA test for the boys and if she does not show up, a bench warrant will be issued and the boys will be taken away automatically, and the DNA will be done

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

It is in the state of Pennsylvania. All this was issued during the summer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The father is here illegally, and the father drinks and spanks the little girl where she is marked and he makes the little girl sleep with him and she is 7 yrs old, and she cries and will turn 8 January 13. I am concerned for all involved. He has a lawyer and his lawyer knows all this.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/1/2018
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
If he doesn’t want the boys why is a dna test needed? Why would he take them from her if he does not want them?
He is doing a lot of things to spite her and IF they are his he will keep them. He has said many times about taking the little girl to India, and then mentioned about putting the boys away.
Before he can do anything paternity would need to be established. That would give him standing to proceed through the court and motion for visitation or custody. However, a judge is just not going to give him either if there are concerns about his behavior and ability to care for the kids. He can also not remove a child unless he gets a court order.
Thank you and please let me know if there is anything else. If not I kindly just ask that you rate my help at the top at this time just so the site will provide me with the proper credit for my time and help.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!