Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Baby's Father took week old infant away from baby's mother.

Customer Question
Baby's Father took week...

Baby's Father took week old infant away from baby's mother. She does not know where they are and he apparently has no intention of telling her. Baby is with father and paternal grandmother who has already had 3 children taken away by cps. What are mother's rights to get the baby back?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Mother thinks father took the baby because he was mad at her

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
12/31/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Mother can report matter to the police.Mother can also have legal counsel send him a warning A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you tell me what information she needs to collect or things she needs to know for her benefit
Any communication with ex about seeking to resolve, past mischief by ex, character witnesses and location of ex.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer