Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

MY COMMON LAW SPOUSE PASSED ON THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS IN AN…

Customer Question
MY COMMON LAW SPOUSE...

MY COMMON LAW SPOUSE PASSED ON THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT HE AND I HAVE A 6 YEAR OLD AND HE HAS A 25 YEAR OLD SON. HIS PARENTS ARE COLLECTING HIS BELONGINGS AND HAVE STARTED A GO FUND ME PAGE WHAT IS THE LAW ON THIS.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

COLORADO

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

HE WAS AT THE CORONER AND HIS PARENTS MOVED HIM TO A FUNERAL HOME. MY CHURCH WOULD HAVE COMPLETED THE SERVICES FOR FREE THEY CHOOSE A 9000 DOLLAR SERVICE. I HAVE A TEXT MESSAGE FROM HIM STATING I WAS THE EXECUTOR AND I AM THE BENEFICIARY ON THE LIFE INSURANCE BECAUSE HIS CAR WAS IN MY NAME AND I NEEDED TO PROTECT MYSELF AS I CANNOT AFFORD THE PAYMENT

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

THERE WAS TOOLS AND GUNS HIS PARENTS HAVE TAKEN HIS DAD CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO DONATE THE TOOLS AND GIVE THE GUNS TO HIS SON. I AGREE WITH HIS SONN GETTING THE GUNS UT THERE IS NO MENTION OF MY DAUGHTER AND HER RIGHTS

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/31/2017
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

What do you mean by "what is the law on this"? On what?