Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a contempt trial on the 26th of Jan and want to tell…

Customer Question
I have a contempt...

I have a contempt trial on the 26th of Jan and want to tell my attorney I now want to withdraw from the contempt trial, and wondered how I can submit the form myself and send to the clerk in OK

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in Oklahoma family court?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Well I had my first lawyer I had fired now I am on my second one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

And just want to make sure this get's done

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/31/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

So, although I do not ordinarily recommend that you submit documents without your attorney. Basically, you can cite that pursuant to 12 Okla. Stat. Ann section 684, you are requesting a motion to dismiss your complaint. You will need to cite the facts of the case, advise the court of the legal authority for them to dismiss, and then submit that along with any other potential court forms that you need to the clerk of the court, serve those documents on the other parties, and wait for a hearing. You should also contact your attorney to advise them of what you did so they are well aware of what's going on and can provide you the necessary advise. I have attached some 28 line pleading paper to assist. Did you have any other questions for me?