Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can my exhusband sign a lease contract addressed to me and…

Customer Question
Can my exhusband sign...

Can my exhusband sign a lease contract addressed to me and make it legally binding to me. I was 3 years divorced when he did that and had lift out of state.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My exhusband has signed a lease, without my involvement after our divorce and did not pay his rent. The owner sues him for post due rent and tries to come after me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Besides that had married and lived with another woman at that property, no

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/31/2017
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Are you saying he forged your signature on a lease naming you as the tenant?

Did you live in the premises?

Are you online with me?