Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What can I do when I was in hospital on final trial date of…

Customer Question
What can I do...

What can I do when I was in hospital on final trial date of my divorce so I received 4 notices of ex party and the judge ended the trial because, being in hospital, my only way to inform judge as to why I couldn’t be there was to call his secretary before the trial began. How can I contest this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I’ve gotten about 4 notices of ex parte

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just how I can be allowed to talk to judge and stop this ex parte thing.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/31/2017
Family Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for posting your legal question today. I'm attorney Bill offering support and assistance to your question today in relation to trial procedure.

Medical illness is a form of excusable neglect when it comes to missing court deadlines and trial dates.

You can file your self pro se or your attorney can file a motion with the court to set aside any order entered in relation to your divorce while you were sick.

This is a motion to set aside the order and relief from an exparte or other court order.

This should be filed as soon as you are healthy again.

If you are trying to file answers to these motions now you can request an extension of time y contacting the clerk's office.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit for my time today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today before your exit.

Happy Holidays

Attorney Bill