Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband and want to adopt an adult. Just starting. Texas…

Customer Question
My husband and want...

My husband and want to adopt an adult.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your husband taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?

Just starting

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is he in?

Texas

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 6 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

I'm going to take a few minutes to do some research. I'll get back to you very shortly.

Sue

It will help me find legal resources in your area if you want to send me your city and county in Texas.

Sue

Here is the Texas adoption statute. Scroll almost all the way to the end to find Section Sec. 162.501, which begins the adult adoption section.

If and when you send me your city and county, I can look to see if adult adoption forms (which may be the same as for adoption of a minor) are available on-line, or if your jurisdiction has self-help centers available at the court house.

Sue