Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I paid my spousal maintenance support and now I'm coming up…

Customer Question
I paid my spousal...

I paid my spousal maintenance support and now I'm coming up to be done and complete. I'm working on the forms that the courts provide and I don't know the difference in non IV-d vs. IV-d. not sure what to put

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, it has been filed with the courts. I was ordered by the judge to pay spousal maintenance and I went through the auto system and I started paying bi-weekly to pay up faster.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just confused with the non-IV-

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/30/2017
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

An IV-D case is where the custodial parent is receiving some sort of assistance from the Office of Child Support Enforcement. This may include locating the non-custodial parent, establishing paternity, or establishing and enforcing a child support order.

A Non-IV-D case is where child support is established and maintained privately, such as following a divorce. Some Non IV-D cases become IV-D cases when they are referred to the Office of Child Support Enforcement in an attempt to collect outstanding, unpaid child support.