Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How do i apply for child support for my daughter that is…

Customer Question
How do i apply...

How do i apply for child support for my daughter that is going to college and living at home and he didn't divulge IRA in his assets

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He paid 3,000 until she graduated high school than he said he would help if she decided to live at home because it would save him.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She will be 19 in Feb 2

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/30/2017
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 6 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

It will help me answer your question better if you can tell me whether your daughter's father paid the $3,000 voluntarily, or as a result of a court order. In addition, can you let me know if child support did arise out of a court order, what it says about post-high school education expenses.

If you can send the decree setting child support, that'd be very helpful.

Sue