Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If I have a house and 2 children and one on the way and

Customer Question
Second opinion] If I have...
Second opinion] If I have a house and 2 children and one on the way and spouse and I are considering legal separation and I pay the mortgage what if she files first could I be removed from the house? Or that is pending hearing
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/30/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Yes, that would be at the discretion of the Judge. In a situation like this, if there are children, the Judge is going to want them to remain in the marital home, so the parent who has temporary custody of them would likely be ordered to stay in the home and care for them. She can not just force you to move and if this can not be agreed upon it would be up to the Judge to decide.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law