Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am filing for a divorce. I get full custody my soon to be…

Customer Question
Hi, i am filing...

Hi, i am filing for a divorce. I get full custody my soon to be ex visitation rights. I am a stay at home mom of too young children. It asks who will provide the childern's health insurance. they both qualify for the chip program would continue so after the divorce. Not sure who i should put down for that

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

FYI my husband is self employeed

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I am filling out the questionaire on my divorce papers.com

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thats all for now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

I​f you don't work and your spouse does, you'd generally want to put the spouse down. If at the end of the day it's determined that neither of you can pay, THEN you could default to CHIP but putting chip down without at least trying to determine whether your spouse can pay probably doesn't make sense.

Is there anything else I can answer for you? Can you please confirm that you received the last answer I sent.

But he is self employed obviously don’t get health insurance gets it through the tax credit/Obama care. Only pays insurance for me and him the kids get chip
STOP no further reply. I really didn’t want to pay $42 there was a hang up on my card payment and I didn’t update so I wouldn’t have to pay the $42