Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Family Lawyer: This is inquiry about the last question I…

For Ray, Family Lawyer:Hello sir...
For Ray, Family Lawyer:Hello sir. This is a followup inquiry about the last question I had.1. In the Marital Settlement Agreement under Section 2 Question 2 it asks explain the type of alimony ---" Explain type of alimony (permanent, bridge-the-gap, durational, rehabilitative, and/or lump sum) and any other specifics:)"Here, Husband has agreed to pay Ex Wife $500 for 6 months. So which one of the types of alimony is this one called?MSA can be found at :
http://floridacourtforms.us/files/d37fn7g5jwu.pdf2. And then other followup also about Section 2 Question 2 in MSA. It asks:
"agrees to pay spousal support (alimony) in
the amount of $ ___________ ____ every week ____every other week ____ every month,
beginning {date} ____________ and continuing until {date or event}"So for this above, since we will file in early January, should we be safe and put March 3, 2018 for the beginning date?3. Lastly, in the 12.901(b)(2) Petition for Dissolution of Marriage with Property But No Dependent or Minor Children
under Section 2 for question 2 (pg. 7) it asks:
"Explain why the Court should order ____Husband ____Wife to pay, and any specific request(s)
for type of alimony (temporary, permanent, bridge-the-gap, durational, rehabilitative, and/or
lump sum}: "So I am not sure if there is really an "explanation" that we can put. Can we just put the type of alimony and leave it at that without an explanation? Because the situation is simply that Ex Wife is Unemployed and Husband has agreed to pay her spousal support of $500 for 6 months. Is it okay if we don't provide an explanation like Question 2 asks for? Just simply put the type of alimony and leave it at that?Here is the form I am referring to:
http://floridacourtforms.us/files/48ytd3mdfmf.pdfThank you so much for your help, sir!
12/30/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

1. It is durational for 6 months.

2, Fill in the amount here, have it payable in the agreed amount beginning say Feb. 1st here if you think it will be finished by then and ending July 1, 2018.

Would that work.Easier to have monthly payments on 1st of month here for the 6 months.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.Let me know if you have more.

OK great thank you and how about for my Question #3 above?

3. Lastly, in the 12.901(b)(2) Petition for Dissolution of Marriage with Property But No Dependent or Minor Children
lump sum}: "

Check husband to pay durational alimony so that wife may seek employment and relocate if necessary.Something like that,you can change it if there is some other reason.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer