Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need to file a motion to correct errors. Judge made a

Customer Question
mistake w/child support /hlth owed...
i need to file a motion to correct errors. Judge made a mistake w/child support /hlth owed to me by father. Father paid 2016 hlth expense in July '17. In court case this Nov. I brought the 2017 hlth expense owed ( not including dec) Judge deducted the July payment made ,of which was for 2016, from 2017 hlth expenses owed. Now what?? We had been in court b/c I filed contempt for non payment of medical expense. Big mess up on Judges part.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/30/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

ok, thank you

I would use these motion to modify child support and set out the changes needed from prior hearing.

Forms and self help you may need to change these a bit.

http://www.courts.state.md.us/family/forms/supportonlymodification.pdf

Serve the ex and set it for hearing and hopefully you can get the errors corrected.

I am so sorry you have had this happen.I wish you the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

I cannot talk at this time
no, its not a motion to modify child support at all

No problem let me know if you have followup.

You can call it a motion to correct errors there is no premade forms for it.

Nevermind, Ill figure it out. Thanks

Possible forms

https://www.tippecanoe.in.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/12761

Something like this, thanks for rating 5 stars.Good luck here.

This doesn't help me at all. thank you

Good luck then

Cant use forms from another county. I don't think you can help me if I am tellingnyou what forms i can and cannot use. thank you for your time