Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Where can I find local help with child custody per pre-trial…

Customer Question
Where can I find local...
Where can I find local help with child custody per pre-trial paperwork and filing for my child custody case I don’t have money to get a lawyer this must be done on my own
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/30/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

What state here, were you married , are there any existing orders here,thanks

California no never married
Yes we have orders but I didn’t agree with the orders cause he never followed the orders
The orders are 50/50 shared between us but he never once picked up his son as stated in the orders so now we have to go to trial

Here are motion to modify forms and self help to do this.Iy gets filed in Superior Court where orders were already filed.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1187.htm

You will need to schedule the motion for hearing with the Court Clerk as well when you file by cover letter or do it in person.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again for your patience.Let me know if you have more followup.

Thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.