Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been separated for 28 years from my first husband i…

Customer Question
I have been separated...

I have been separated for 28 years from my first husband i was wondering do i need to have him present to get a divorce?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I dont know where hes at his last known address was mexico.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i know of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.He does not need to be present. Preferably he consents and can be filed as uncontested.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!