Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husband and I have a prenuptial agreement; filed/live in…

My husband and I have...
My husband and I have a prenuptial agreement; filed/live in Arizona. Can my husband's ex-wife sue for my lottery winnings? It is clearly stated in our prenuptial that any future windfall, inheritance etc belongs to the recipient and is not considered community property. Can my husband's ex-wife contest our prenuptial agreement; husband is current with child support and is not contesting our prenup.
12/29/2017
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Wait...I think I am missing something...how would his ex have ANY claim to your lottery winnings?? Has she sued you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I play the lottery myself (independent of my husband). She has come after us for many unreasonable things and haven't prevailed. I want to know what the law states. She has no involvement whatsoever, but that won't keep her from coming after it. She hasn't filed suit.

Thank you

If you have a prenup and win the lottery...and the prenup states that the lottery winnings are yours?? She has NO basis to sue you.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I did leave out an important point. My husband pays child support. I was wondering if she could have access to my
lottery winnings due to the fact that my husband pays child support. Could it be "Imputed", even though we have a prenup that specifically states that neither party is entitled to any windfall or inheritance of the other party.
Thank you for your help.

No...what you are describing is not a basis to impute income.

I would appreciate if you could please rate the answer.

thank you

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you

:)

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
We talked last July about my ex-husband's wife wanting my personal information available to her/attorney from our income taxes. I shared all the evil things she has personally done to me and that she could do more damage if she had more info on me. I was fighting for the right to privacy. You told me I could redact my info without changing the return. We went to court Pro se, I reacted and won my right to privacy! You told me I could text you and let you know what happened. We also proved her abuse, criminal behavior, lies, torts etc. My husband won and her attorney of ten years withdrew as her counsel!!!!! Thank you so much for your help!!!!!
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
redacted income tax returns
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
You now can see my concern over lottery winnings. She has forged medical bills, emails and my blogs (she actually submitted them and fake claims against me); nothing is sacred/safe with her-she's on borrowed time!

Wait...did we speak on the phone prior? If so, can you give a call now?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
we did talk on the phone-you were in Oregon.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
How do I contact you?

Do you have my #? Can you call now?

p>
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I will call you.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I left a message

hmm...odd...I do not see it. can you retry call ?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
The #***-***-**** belongs to a Janice

ahh...sorry...last didget is an 8

9878

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
ok
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you so much for your expertise! They say that knowledge is power....to me it's PEACE! Thank you for informing me of the law and giving me peace. Have a great day :)
P. Simmons, Lawyer