Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I got served divorce papers but can't afford an attorney. No…

Customer Question
I got served divorce...

I got served divorce papers but can't afford an attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No not yet got served December 21

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My husband doesn't want to do anything to help me. I was living and working in North Charleston had a good job and my own place. He took me away and said he could support us. I work 25 hours a week .

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/27/2017
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

What can I answer for you?