Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Its a story but my son was just arrested for assault of a…

Customer Question
Its a long story...

Its a long story but my son was just arrested for sexual assault of a minor. he was in a very ugly custody battle and his daughter and mother of children stated some ugly things. which apparently proven wrong, the children 3 of them were defended by an attorney helped my son in ways so he could see the kids again after a few steps such as parenting classes and him seeing a counsler for his adult survivor of sexual assault which his x demanded. he just completed his parenting classes wednesday and saturday night he was arrested. it pretained to cps coming here alittle over a year ago with some of those accusations i had mentioned earlier. but if the custody attorney for the kids saw anything that she even thought was going on i know my son would never see his kids again and she certainly would not have helped him. what can we do to help we have already spent close to 25,000.00 dealing with this mother whom has legal aid and now we are strapped with loans from prior lawyer fees

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

The custody battle is over it went right back to the custody before battle started. custody battle was in conroe texas these charges stemmed in smith county.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No we have no more money and son was just arrested saturday night then of course the holidays. he is in cherokee county jail and has not even been transferred yet to smith county

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
12/26/2017
Family Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Sorry for the delay. The site went down and only was just restored.

If your son cannot afford a lawyer, when he is arraigned he can ask the judge to appoint him free counsel. The judge will get him a public defense attorney so that he won't be without representation. That lawyer would be able to get access to his records from the family matters so that he or she could show that to the prosecutor and let them know that this was an old matter already resolve in the family court system. He might be able to get the matter dismissed. Failing that, he'd at least get the allegations put into their full context

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer