Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am looking into how dissolve parental rights. child is an…

Customer Question
I am looking into...

I am looking into how dissolve parental rights. child is an adult and is a constant stress, among other reasons.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No I have not. I don't know if this is even possible.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am 65 yrs old, my daughter is 45. I am in fair health, her don't speak much, unless she has something rude hurtful, disrespectful to me. As much as I love her, I will give her what she wished. That I was never her much mother, I ws worthless drunk. which I am not.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/26/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
I am very sorry to hear this. There is no legal process for terminating the parent child relationship once the child becomes an adult. The parent can disinherit the adult with a will or trust but nothing is available to terminate the relationship from a legal perspective.
is the disinheritance procedure a long legal process? and does she have to advised of what I am doing? yes I am afraid of what she will do.
I ant afford the call right now, sorry.
No it is rather simple. One need only draft a will to that effect. It is best to hire an attorney to ensure the will is valid and proper otherwise the will would be thrown out and assets would go to next of kin under the laws of intestate succession. So for example to a child.A will is private until a person passes so there is no obligation to disclose it.
Saw your past post. That is autogenerated so I was not aware it was offered.Further questions please post here otherwise kindly rate positively. Thank you!

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information