Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I want to know about step parrents income in child support…

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know about step parrents income in child support worksheets.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/26/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Hello. What is your question please?
Hi- My ex wants to raise my child support because she found out that I am making more money. She is a stay at home mom and wants to use minimum wage as her income. Her husband, however, is a ER doctor and make $275k per year. Does his income play a factor at all?
Thank you. No, a non parent has no obligation to contribute to a step child's financial cost so the court will not factor in their income. However if the new spouse contributes to expenses in such a manner that it decreases the parent'a household expenses the court may deviate from the statutory guideline since it frees up more of their income which can be used for the child's benefit.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information