Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am married to a foreigner AND I am.from.the Philippines .I…

Customer Question
I am married to a...
I am married to a foreigner AND I am.from.the Philippines .I was granted a Permanent Protection ORDER and a custody of my son.Now we are back in Florida to go through a divorce and now they are saying that the child cant leave the Pasco county and my child really want to go back to the Philippines.Does the court here in Florida has the right over my child.Is my Permanent Protection ORDER is valid in the states of Florida.Hope to hear a positive reply.I am scared and worried and I am desperate.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/26/2017
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. If you are in the middle of a divorce action, the court in which the case is heard - in this case Florida - would be able to state whether you can or can't leave the state with the child. It sounds like the order of protection you have didn't grant LEGAL custody (just physical custody) so you'll want to petition the court for permission to leave the country.