Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have a recent name change do to marriage. How do I go

Customer Question
I have a recent...

I have a recent name change do to marriage.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

How do I go about making the change on my TSA record? We will be traveling on Jan, 16th and I would like to expedite the process to reflect the change before that time as my ticket fo the trip has been issued in my new last name.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Yes, the name change has been filed in the govt office where we took out our marriage license. I am now living in NY.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have already made the name change on my driver's license as well as with Social Security and I am sending in the application to Passport control at this time.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning.

If you are a member of theTSA Pre✓® Application Program, you may call (855)(###) ###-####/a> weekdays, between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. ET, to make changes to your name, address, or other information contained in your records. You may also submit your inquiry online. You will be provided information regarding documentation needed to process the change.

If you are a member of Global Entry, NEXUS, or SENTRI, please submit an email, call (855)(###) ###-####/a>, or visit the online information center.

https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/workflows?workflow=contact-us

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer