Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Is it legal for a judge to allow an adoption of a child to a…

Customer Question
Is it legal for...

Is it legal for a judge to allow an adoption of a child to a registered sex offender?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My state is Ohio.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing has as of yet, but the judge signed off on the involuntary adoption of my daughter to my brother who is a sex offender and will not honor the waiver that my ex signed waiving any back support owed to my ex.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have proof of my support payments being taken out of my workers comp checks and proof that i had insurance on my daughter, yet they have blocke my drivers license even though the adoption has already been approved by the courts months ago, yet they charged me with contempt for not paying even though i dont owe. I have received the final adoption papers that say i have no obligation. Yet the CSEA refuses to acknowledge the adoption and the courts are going along with the contempt charges.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
12/26/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What is the issue which has brought this about? Why is the child not able to live with the biological parents?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My daughter lives with her mother and her new husband, which is my brother, who happens to be a sex offender. There is no legal reason that she cant live with either of us. The court allowed my brother to adopt her and said they didnt need my consent.

There needs to be a legal basis for the parental rights and custody of a child to be terminated. I do think it is very odd that the Judge would allow the child to be adopted and live with a sex offender, as the Judge always needs to act in the best interest of the child. If the facts of his case involved children or questionable acts, he should never have been awarded custody of the child. It first takes a finding that neither parent are fit to care for the child and then a situation whereby the child is removed from their care and placed with someone who can care for them.If this did not happen, a motion can be filed to re-hear or re-consider this but if it is denied, an appeal would need to be filed.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do not charge me again, i will ask a local attorney that offers a free consultation.

Customer service can assist with any questions you may have about billing. I am a user like yourself.

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer