Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Who all can be named as a respondent in an alienation of…

Customer Question
Who all can be...

Who all can be named as a respondent in an alienation of affections claim? How does that play out?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

There is an ongoing divorce proceeding as we type.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Georgia

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/26/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

OK

Alienation of affection is no longer recognized under Georgia law.You can file for divorce but you can no longer sue third parties for damages.

Reference

https://www.mtlawoffice.com/news/is-alienation-of-affection-still-recognized-in-georgia

You just cannot sue for this in Georgia anymore they have no fault divorce no suing third parties here.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Happy Holidays thanks for rating 5 stars at to p of page.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer