Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Who all can be named as a respondent in an alienation of…

Customer Question
Who all can be...

Who all can be named as a respondent in an alienation of affections claim? How does that play out?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

There is an ongoing divorce proceeding as we type.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Georgia

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
12/26/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK

Alienation of affection is no longer recognized under Georgia law.You can file for divorce but you can no longer sue third parties for damages.

Reference

https://www.mtlawoffice.com/news/is-alienation-of-affection-still-recognized-in-georgia

You just cannot sue for this in Georgia anymore they have no fault divorce no suing third parties here.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.

Happy Holidays thanks for rating 5 stars at to p of page.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer