Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Legal guardian of a child how can I get her rights taken…

Customer Question
Legal guardian of a...

Legal guardian of a child how can I get her rights taken away so I can adopt him after a year get no help from her order State what do I need to do

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Only legal guardianship papers the mom is not even trying to get him back

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Westland Michigan

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/26/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You need to file Petition with the Court for Adoption. In the adoption package that you should obtain from the Clerk's officer, there is a form for consent of the parent or voluntary termination of parental rights. You should give that form to the mother to sign and return to you. If the mother refuses, then you need to file Petition for Termination of Parental Rights along with your Petition for Adoption. You can obtain the form for Termination of Parental Rights at the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

When we adopt if we adopt we qualify for adoption subsidy because we get no help from because I get no help from the state to take care of him they go on my earnings and I get Sosa security and I work three days

I am sorry, what is your question?

If I adopt can I get adoption subsidy for the child I am on Social Security and I work three days and everything is about my earnings I get no help from the state only $15 in food stamps and Medicaid

You may be eligible for adoption subsidy.

You need to contact Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. Click here for the contact information.

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. Thank you for your cooperation.