Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I received temporary orders for child custody here in

Good morning. i received...

Good morning. i received temporary orders for child custody here in nebraska. i have the order for you to look at. it says temporary removal of minor child to tennessee is denied. it goes on to say my wife will have visitation , they awarded us joint custody...the order says i have to pay for transportation...now opposing counsel is interpreting the document for the court as directed by the judges bailiff when i requested clarification. do i let my son go to tn or do i not have to

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ne

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

This temporary order

12/24/2017
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Why would the child need to go to Tennessee?

can i email you the order. my wife moved there in june but my son stayed

You can post it here on this page.

did it work

Based upon what is shared above, the child could not go to Tennessee, at this time. This is a temporary order so the decision of the Judge may be changed later on but as of now, it says the request is denied.

why are they telling me the child has to go there? the court is calling it visitation to get around the removal prohibition arent they

Exhibit A states when the visitation will take place. If the child needs to simply go there during that time, that is fine but it does not appear the child can relocate/live there. For now, it would limit it to the court ordered visitation.

a month at a time isnt visitation is it?

If the child does not live there and is set to return, it would be visitation if it is for a set/limited time. Exhibit A is referenced and lays out when the parent can have the child. #2 says this.

i have to let him go to tn? even though it says temp removal is denied?

The order lays out the visitation and dates. That appears to control at this time. What is not allowed is for the child to move and live with this parent in TN

is there anything i can do to stop it

You would need to go back to court and see if you can now modify this temporary order. It should have been when this was argued that the child should not go there and visit with the parent, so I am not sure why it did not happen.

she never requested visitation the hearing was requesting full custody.
i also demanded full custody

The Judge found that there was really no evidence presented and issued the following temporary orders and need to be complied with. She had an attorney representing her and you acted pro se, so any and all arguments needed to be presented and if they were the Judge did not find that they were compelling or supportive, which is why they ordered what they did and it needs to be complied with. Again, these are temporary orders.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

What's your opinion as to why the judge fails to direct me to take the child to TN? She knows that's where he is going, it seems she knows she's on thin ice and didn't want to be 100% inherently biased. Why not explicit contradict case law and state statue?

Good morning and great to hear back from you. I am happy to respond but would just ask that you rate my help at the top at this time, so the site will provide me with the proper credit for my help. Thank you for understanding and once this is done, I can respond.

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer