Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband and I live in Colorado. We are still very good…

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I live in Colorado. We are still very good friends and want a very amicable divorce. On the Complete Case questionnaire, it asks, do you want child custody. It states that if you do not want it, the courts may not approve the divorce. Do either need to request child support. My husband is in school and will not have a job until mid July. Until then we will live in the same house and I am helping him until then. Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It is in Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, we are using Complete Case to file the divorce. It is very amicable.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/24/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can seek joint legal and physical custody and waive support.You can always modify that down the road if things change.Makes sense here to do so since everything is amicable.

The key to joint custody is both parents have to live in close proximity and be able to get along, if you can do this then it ought to work.And it can be modified here later one.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Thanks again and the best here.