Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughters father and I have a current custody/visitation…

Customer Question
My daughters father and...

My daughters father and I have a current custody/visitation order in place stating we have 50/50 joint custody. The court order doesn’t go over who has right to claim the child.
He has not had the child 6 mo in the year nor did he follow the court order of visitation. So I claimed her for the 2017 year. He is threatening me that I’m going to jail

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

For what

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/23/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Good afternoon. Why does he believe he was entitled to claim her?