Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

The county attorney is requesting my daughter be taken out…

Customer Question
The county attorney is...

The county attorney is requesting my daughter be taken out of my ex wife's home. She has full custody and I pay child support. Her behavior has been out of control for 2 years. School drug charges, probation violations, school expulsion, etc. I filed for custody 2 years ago while she still had a chance in life. It ended horrible. I haven't seen my daughter in 2 years. She decided to stay where she didn't have to follow rules. If she becomes a ward of the state, where does my child support go?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nebraska

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet, her court date is Jan 2, 2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/23/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 9 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Question:

If she becomes a ward of the state, where does my child support go?

Response: Your child support should go to the State. If the Court forgets to change the Order with the State as the Payee, you need to make sure to request for it because you do not want to be sending support payments to your ex-wife when your daughter is a ward of the State.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.