Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am a wife of a military officer in the USAR. I have blood…

Customer Question
I am a wife...

I am a wife of a military officer in the USAR. I have blood cancer that is incurable, we have two children...both in college. One is 21 and the other is 18. We will have been married for 22 years in Feb. 2018. He has been unfaithful to me more times than I can count. He is not financially supporting us now. I am unable to work and have filed for disability retirement from my federal employer. I have worked for the federal government almost 30 1/2 years. I am retiring as a GS 13. I presently receive SS Disability and that is how I am barely supporting my family. We live in Texas. The home that we live in is in my name only as well as the home i had before our marriage and rent out now in Alabama. He has infected me with a STD that is demeaning and can cause me health complications with my blood cancer, due to the fact that I am unable to fight off infections as those who have not had their immune system compromised. I had a stem cell transplant in 2015 and in the highest staging process for my cancer. What are my legal rights. In addition, he is not presently working other than his drill obligations.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No, not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are behind in both mortgages and a car note. Most bills are behind and he has a gambling problem and took my Oklahoma State Income tax refund and gambled it away.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/23/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. You have listed numerous issues with one very broad question. Kindly be more specific with your questions.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ely, Counselor at Law