Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can I ask for legal representation before a judge makes a…

Customer Question
Can I ask for...

Can I ask for legal representation before a judge makes a ruling

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Custody matter. asked for a denial, no answer yet. protection order placed on him no visitation, court says made a mistake wants all the parties together to discuss this

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Court date is jan 4 can I take care of this by then. I can seem to get pro bono lawyers in Arapahoe county

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/22/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Yes, if you want to be represented by legal counsel in the proceedings, you could retain counsel and they can file a notice of appearance. If there is a matter pending or that needs to be heard or other time-sensitive issues, they can file a motion with the court asking for a continuance and time to get caught up.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer