Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

This a child support question, I am paying child support an…

This a child support...

This a child support question, I am paying child support an my child is graduating from high school May 2018 starting college August 2018 and plan on live on campus. My Ex who has physical custody is move out of the state. My question is do I need an attorney to request change of physical custody, stop child support and setup secondary school support between me and my Ex?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that it

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

You can potentially file all of the documents on your own and appear in court at the hearing, however yes, it is always advisable to have the help and representation of an attorney. Family law attorneys are specially trained to handle these matters and any possible unforeseen matters.

You can also get a referral for a pro bono (free) lawyer by contacting the Indiana State Bar and asking for a referral for a pro bono family law attorney in your area.

The phone number is:

(###) ###-####/p>

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones