Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I lived in florida but am now in ohio because i no lkonger…

Customer Question
I lived in florida...

I lived in florida but am now in ohio because i no lkonger had anywhere to live once i was kicked out of my residence. I want to know how i can file for custody. Also my husband said he filed for divorce which prevents me from leaving the state but i have not been served with any papers. What can i do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

He resides in florida but im currently in ohio with my son

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He says that he filed for divorce but i have not been served with any paperwork.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That i also would like to see if he actually even filed.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/22/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Did he agree to allow you to relocate out of State with your son?