Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I now live in TN, but I have custody of my son and his

Customer Question
I now live in...

I now live in TN, but I have custody of my son and his father keeps dragging me back to court in Illinois. Is there anything I can do about it? I have proof that him and his lawyer have been harassing me and manipulating court orders so that I mess up and he can hold me in contempt of court. Then I am forced to pay all his court costs and fees. Is there anything that I can do about them harassing me in court like they are. I can not afford a lawyer and I qualify for legal aid but in that state legal aid always tell me that they do not have time for my case, but the states attorney tells me that they are always asking for more clients.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Livingston county Pontiac IL. I have talked to many lawyers all of them want paid upfront before they take a look at any of my proof. I even tried filing a police report on perjury. Nothing was ever done about it. I don't know if it was because the officer wouldn't take all my proof to send with the report.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want the abuse through the court systems to stop

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/22/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You can file a motion for contempt and enjoin future filings and seek sanctions and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer