Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Its family Law, a divorce one child who is 16 yrs old.

Its family Law, a...

Its family Law, a divorce one child who is 16 yrs old

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Divorce decree was in December 2013

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I made 2 attempts to get a restraining order against my ex but I was denied

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Do you have custody here, what are you wanting to do here, another shot at restraining order.

No, it is in my son's best interest to NOT see his father. His father is a Narcissist and causes extreme anxiety in my son. My ex is constantly arguing with me in front of my son and it causes my son to have low self esteem. I need to move Far far away. I have already tried to get my ex to give me full custody but he wont agree to it amicably (because he would have to give up control) he uses my son as a pawn to hurt me) He does not care about the best interest of my son. Narcissism is a Cluster B personality disorder. There are no meds for this . I need to get my son away from him. He is emotionally abuse on a daily basis
Can I legally move to another state and take my son with me? If my ex forces my son to decide, it will break my son.
Right now we have joint custody
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Notice letter you need to send

http://www.divorcesource.com/ds/tools/letter-to-non-custodial-parent-of-intent-to-relocate-with-child-ren--5414.shtml

I appreciate the chance to help you .Good luck with the move here and relocation.

You can argue it is in the best interests of the child.So sorry you are having to deal with this.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.Prayers to you with this.