Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am currentlt l iving with my ex fiance. He's attempting to…

Customer Question
I am currentlt l...

I am currentlt l iving with my ex fiance. He's attempting to destroy me over the custody of our child. He's been taunting me with tis bits of what he's got on me for months . I knew the documents were in a backpack he guards with his life - except one time he left it on the sofa in the living room. He was upstairs in his room. I didn't have to do much digging to find his case docs. I found photos among them - they looked baddddd - I was in a panic, I took them with me to a friend's house. I have not returned them. He has electronic copies in his possession. Can he press charges against me for doing this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Concerning the photos? Not to my knowledge. But this guy never stops surprising me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/22/2017
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Since you live in the same house, I do not think any police officer would get involved and press charges against you for the actions you mentioned. He has no reasonable expectation of privacy while living in the same home.